Wildomar 54 Below average
Wildomar Livability #865 ranked city in California#23,275 ranked city in the USARanks better than 20% of areas

New Real Estate Listings in Wildomar Area

Search Homes for Sale in Wildomar, CA

Best Places to Live in and Around Wildomar

See all the best places to live around Wildomar

How Do You Rate The Livability In Wildomar?

1. Select a livability score between 1-100
2. Select any tags that apply to this area
View results

Compare Wildomar, CA Livability


      Living in Wildomar, CA

      Wildomar, California is a mid-sized city with a population of 34,775 inhabitants. According to the most recent Census, 71% of Wildomar residents are White, 5% Black and 5% Asian. Additionally, more than a quarter of the population of Wildomar are of Hispanic or Latino origin, and 27% of the population also speak Spanish. Wildomar has a high percentage of people who are married with children when compared to the rest of the country. In total, more than 73% of the population is classified as married and 58% have kids.

      Whether you’re relocating to a new town to be closer to family, friends or for a new job, living in Wildomar could be a positive experience compared to other cities in California if you know where to search. Don't forget to determine what matters most to you in a neighborhood. Consider factors such as safety, proximity to work or school, access to amenities (like parks, fitness facilities, grocery stores, restaurants), public transportation options, community atmosphere and the overall vibe you're looking for. Finding the best places to live in Wildomar and nearby areas is a much easier task when you can rely on information and data from the livability score, which includes crime, education, employment, housing and other important metrics.

      Wildomar, CA receives 54/100 for its livability score; this results in a ranking of #865 in California and #23,275 in the USA. This score ranks well below the US average. With such a low livability score, it might be worth investigating a little further. If we probe a little deeper into each category within the livability score, we see that Wildomar has higher than average scores for the following: crime (A), employment (B) and housing (A+). On a more negative note, Wildomar does not have favorable grades for the following: amenities (F), cost of living (F) and education (D). If we take a look at the data, we can find out why.

      Feeling a sense of safety in the area that you live in is a must for most people. Low crime rates can have a positive impact on things like home prices, home appreciation rates and can help foster positive community dynamics and social cohesion. Wildomar has a violent crime rate of 153 crimes per 100,000 residents which is far lower than the national average.

      A healthy real estate market serves as a key economic indicator. It could signify overall local economic strength, stability and reflects consumer confidence in the area. Based on multiple factors including: median home and rental prices, appreciation rates and home affordability, Wildomar has received high marks in the housing category. Based on these calculations, the apartment rental and real estate market appears to be very healthy.

      Wildomar real estate prices and overall affordability will play a huge role in determining if the area is the right fit for you. Of course there are probably some other items on your “wish list”, but even before they are considered, let’s take a look at the home prices and affordability in Wildomar. Median real estate prices in Wildomar come in at $266,900, which is 34.8% lower than the California average. The home price to income ratio compares the median home prices to the median household income. In Wildomar, the home price to income ratio is 4.2, which is 34.4% lower than the California average.

      Wildomar transportation information

      Statistic Wildomar California National
      Average one way commute38min30min27min
      Workers who drive to work80.3%72.1%74.9%
      Workers who carpool10.9%10.0%8.9%
      Workers who take public transit0.9%4.6%4.6%
      Workers who bicycle0.0%0.8%0.5%
      Workers who walk0.1%2.5%2.6%
      Working from home6.1%8.4%7.3%

      Check Your Commute Time

      Monthly costs include: fuel, maintenance, tires, insurance, license fees, taxes, depreciation, and financing.
      Source: The Wildomar, CA data and statistics displayed above are derived from the 2016 United States Census Bureau American Community Survey (ACS).