Located in the state of California, San Bruno is a medium-sized city with a population of 42,736 people. In San Bruno, there are 7,807 people per square mile, which is well above the national population density average. Individuals of White (51%) and Asian (28%) backgrounds make up a significant portion of the population of San Bruno. Additionally, more than a quarter of the population of San Bruno are of Hispanic or Latino origin, and 21% of the population also speak Spanish. San Bruno has a high percentage of people who are married with children when compared to the rest of the country. In total, more than 79% of the population is classified as married and 55% have kids.
Whether you’re relocating to a new city to be closer to family, friends or for a new job, living in San Bruno could be a positive experience compared to other cities in California if you know where to look. To help you find the best places to live in and around San Bruno, AreaVibes has created a livability score using key metrics like cost of living, weather, education, housing and more.
With a livability score of 72/100, San Bruno is ranked #7,976 in the United States and #288 in California. If we check out each of the categories on their own, we see that San Bruno ranks well for amenities (A+), crime (B-), weather (B+) and employment (B). The bad news for San Bruno, there are some categories for which it does not score well, this includes: cost of living (F).
Based on the proximity of local amenities like grocery stores, restaurants, coffee shops, parks, librairies, etc., San Bruno has received a higher than average score for its local amenities. If you’re planning on relocating and making this area your permanent home, it’s nice to know that there is an ample amount of amenities and things to do within walking distance or a short drive. Some of the notable things to do include: Artichoke Joe's Casino, San Bruno Mountain, and San Bruno Point Park.
Certain items on your wish list like shopping, restaurants, nightlife and proximity to public transportation are all important factors to search for. Having said that, perhaps the most important metric to consider when contemplating a move to San Bruno is real estate affordability. Median real estate prices in San Bruno come in at $668,700, which is 63.4% higher than the California average. The home price to income ratio compares the median home prices to the median household income. In San Bruno, the home price to income ratio is 7.5, which is 17.2% higher than the California average. Purchasing your new home can come with many financial benefits, some of which are more lucrative than others. Perhaps the most notable benefit could be the appreciation of your new home. Home appreciation rates are a good way to generate tax-free equity on a long term basis. The year over year appreciation rates in San Bruno were 18%, and the 5 year appreciation rates came in at 12.3%.
|Average one way commute||28min||28min||26min|
|Workers who drive to work||71.0%||73.5%||76.4%|
|Workers who carpool||11.6%||10.6%||9.3%|
|Workers who take public transit||11.8%||5.2%||5.1%|
|Workers who bicycle||0.4%||1.1%||0.6%|
|Workers who walk||1.8%||2.7%||2.8%|
|Working from home||2.1%||5.4%||4.6%|