The table above illustrates an overview of the annual crime reported in Morro Bay, CA. These figures on reported criminal activity in Morro Bay, CA, based on a reported crime per 100,000 citizens, is shown in order to compare these rates across disparate categories. You will notice that the crimes collected here, for comparison purposes, have been separated between violent crimes and those involving or threatening property. According to the annual crime data, the crime rate in Morro Bay, CA is 31% lower than the average of the whole of the state of California, and when compared with the national average, is 26% lower than. When looking at violent crimes, Morro Bay, CA has 54% lower than violent crime rate than California average, while remaining 46% lower than the national average. In property crime, Morro Bay, CA is 26% lower than the average of California and is 22% lower than the national average.