Answer this question about Chesapeake Be specific and detailed. Share your personal experience or knowledge.
Answer a question
Cost of living greetings, we are moving early February next year, western branch area. Family of 5 here. I have a few questions, how much are the average utility bills you guys are paying? We are moving to a 1800 square foot house ( gas for heating) . And also, how much do you guys usually spend/ budget for groceries per week. Thank you very much, have a good day. Answer question
  • 0 0

Answers

Hello Trinol my name is Amberle Farthing. I am a Realtor/ Investor here in Hampton Roads, VA. Congrats on your decision to move in February to Western Branch. I have heard great things about Western Branch schools! As far as average utility bills according to myenergy.com for the month of December the average electric bill was $156. It doesn't say whether or not these people utilize gas or not. From experience though, gas can be as inexpensive as $30 in the summer and as expensive as $200 in the winter though my property is a bigger square footage and a little older so yours may be significantly lower. According to a 2014 article on dietsinreview.com Virginia has the most expensive grocery prices in the country. I will attach the link:http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/11/idaho-has-cheapest-groceries-virginia-most-expensive-can-you-feed-your-family-a-meal-for-15/I hope this helped and if you need anything else real estate related or otherwise, feel free to shoot me an email at amberlefarthing@kw.com!
  • 0 0
Reason for reporting