The table above illustrates an overview of the annual crime reported in New York, NY. These figures on reported criminal activity in New York, NY, based on a reported crime per 100,000 citizens, is shown in order to compare these rates across disparate categories. You will notice that the crimes collected here, for comparison purposes, have been separated between violent crimes and those involving or threatening property. According to the annual crime data, the crime rate in New York, NY is 6% higher than the average of the whole of the state of New York, and when compared with the national average, is 28% lower than. When looking at violent crimes, New York, NY has 52% higher than violent crime rate than New York average, while remaining 48% higher than the national average. In property crime, New York, NY is 5% lower than the average of New York and is 40% lower than the national average.