Answer this question about Fremont Be specific and detailed. Share your personal experience or knowledge.
Answer a question
Crime in Fremont? My family and I are expecting to move to Fremont in the next year or so. It looks pretty nice, but I've come across some posts about gang activity in the city that don't seem to jive with the fairly low crime statistics. I'm guessing crime is very localized or the posts are exaggerated. Can any residents clue me in on areas where we shouldn't be looking for homes due to higher rates of crime? We're coming from a tiny town where no one locks their cars (and lots don't even lock their doors), so our perspective is pretty skewed.
FBVPosted on Feb 23, 2013

Answers

If I were you I would be more inclined to believe the reported statistics rather than individual stories. It's like comments at restaurants or other highly public places; the most vocal are those who like to complain. Look at other stats too, not just crime. The median home price is $614,500, which is 199% higher than the national average. The median household income 94% higher than the national average at around $103,591 annually. This gives you a bigger picture of Fremont, and can help you see what living there might be like. http://www.cheapinsurance.com/cheap-homeowners-insurance-california/fremont/
Laura CunninghamPosted on Mar 14, 2017
Reason for reporting