Answer this question about North Port Be specific and detailed. Share your personal experience or knowledge.
Answer a question
Can I get an Honest Review of Heron Creek? I am looking at retirement places for those 55 years and over. Does anyone know of the development at Heron Creek in North Port? Also, what is the closest airport? Thanks.
CecePosted on Jan 07, 2014

Answers

Heron Creek is not a 55+ community. It is a very nice gated golf community in North Port off of Sumter Blvd. The closest airports are either Sarasota or Ft Myers. There is also a small airport in Punta Gorda, depending where you want to fly to. There is an exit to I-75 off of Sumter and it is close to shopping and restaurants in North Port. Is is about 20 minutes to the beaches in Venice. In addition to the taxes and insurance in Heron Creek you must pay a quarterly HOA fee, a one time capital contribution fee at closing as well as you must belong to the Country Club. There are three different Country Club memberships to choose from depending if you live there year round or seasonal and if you want to include golf. They also have a restaurant, clubhouse, pool, tennis courts, fitness center, social activities and clubs to join. It is a very well cared for community and is maintenance free. Nice location too. Tammy Hayes, Realtor
TamREPosted on Jun 25, 2015
Reason for reporting