The table above illustrates an overview of the annual crime reported in Lake Station, IN. These figures on reported criminal activity in Lake Station, IN, based on a reported crime per 100,000 citizens, is shown in order to compare these rates across disparate categories. You will notice that the crimes collected here, for comparison purposes, have been separated between violent crimes and those involving or threatening property. According to the annual crime data, the crime rate in Lake Station, IN is 64% higher than the average of the whole of the state of Indiana, and when compared with the national average, is 71% higher than. When looking at violent crimes, Lake Station, IN has 51% lower than violent crime rate than Indiana average, while remaining 49% lower than the national average. In property crime, Lake Station, IN is 81% higher than the average of Indiana and is 89% higher than the national average.