Answer this question about Lake Elmo Be specific and detailed. Share your personal experience or knowledge.
Answer a question
Moving to MN: Should We Consider Lake Elmo? We will be relocating our family from Massachusetts to Minnesota in a few months (December or January) due to a job that my husband is taking in Little Canada. We need a decent commute for my husband, good schools (we have 2 kids in elementary school), and would prefer a house over a townhome. Initially, our search focused on White Bear Lake, Mahtomedi, and Stillwater. We visited all three of those communities last year in preparation for this move. We are eliminating Stillwater due to the Rt. 36 traffic, and still think Mahtomedi and White Bear Lake would be good communities to settle in. Now we are reading about Lake Elmo and have become interested. Are the schools good? Is the super fund site an issue (I read it affected the drinking water)? We also read it will skyrocket in growth in coming years, but it seemed the town recently put the kibosh on that. Does it take a long time to get to schools and other amenities from there? It looks good on a map, but since we haven't seen it for ourselves, we need the real scoop.
GretaPosted on Oct 02, 2015
Reason for reporting